| Sunday, January 15 |
|
Let's have a round of applause and welcome back Huichee the Procrastinator! *claps* Sigh. I'm lagging behind in my blogging again. Haha. It's more than a week since my birthday le. Been having too much fun and I was kinda busy preparing for school as well (yah right). Haha. Anyways. The week of my birthday was quite interesting. Thou shalt name it the Reunion Week. Lol. I met up with most of my RG, RJ and VJ friends that week. So fun! Oh! I must recommend a place! Haha. A pub call Timbre. It's located behind the bus stop of the old national library :) I've heard of it but never knew the exact location. Sharon showed me the place when we walked past on christmas eve. Yup. Went there last last wednesday with Melvin to listen to EIC. Haha. It's so much nicer to listen to them there. The last time at Wala Wala with chiobu and co, not only did we have to stand by the stairs holding our drinks (due to the extreme lack of space), the music wasn't all that great either (cos EIC was playing all those bandish songs that i've never heard before). At Timbre, only the 2 lead singers were there for the first set so it was very much of an acoustic feel to their performance. The full band turned up for the second set. It was great too! They did more popular songs from Maroon 5 and such. Well, I guess the whole point of listening to bands is not really to listen to such songs. But. Heck. I can't appreciate things I don't understand. It was sad I didn't get to hear my fav song from them though. No idea what the title is, but it's a very fast song and one of the leads does it superb-ly! I kinda wanted to wait till the end of the second set to see if they'll play it but my dear friend was falling asleep so I decided not to be so mean. Haha. Well, if you ever read this Melvin, I'm sorry to keep you out so late :p Hmm. I met up with Jason before meeting Jinli and Weiting. While going up the escalator in Wisma, we heard someone calling Jas's name... and it turned out to be... Mandy! Haha. She didn't even see me (cos i'm too short). Actually when i turned, i didn't see her either. I saw.. Clot!!! Such a nice surprise! Think that girl wanted to pop by my chalet and surprise me the next day, but darn, I had to bump into her and spoil everything. Hee. Anyway. After meeting the girls, it turned out that Jinli wasn't feeling well that day too and she left soon after dinner. So sad. Thought we could have some time to catch up. But it was fun ganging up with Weiting to bully Jason. Haha. That thing about 90% of guys are idiots or something and trying to find some eligible bachelors so we can become tai-tais. Hilarious! Somehow, at the end of the day, Weiting and I ended up at kovan macs and chatted till 1 or 2 am. Just like the old times. :) 02S24 Band girls! ![]() Me and Jason Chalet at Downtown East with the rg gang was great! Haha. Where else can i find friends who will come down and help me set up a bbq with only 4 hours notice? Sorry girls, I was stuck checking in so had to get you peeps to do the grocery shopping :p Actually i was supposed to pay for everything, but the dear girls decided to chip in and pay for the food instead. Thank you so very much! Haha. Food preparation was fun. We even had a production line for buttering the aluminium foil and stuffing the mushroom with cheese! LOL. We did most of the stuff in the toilet. It was pretty gross when the toilet ended up smelling of raw chicken and teriyaki marinate. I wouldn't have minded if it smelt of sambal chilli instead. Bleagh. Anyway, the food and the company were great.
Sambal sausages! Must really thank Yahui, Karen and Shumei for constantly manning the bbq pit and feeding the rest of us! And the ethics debate between our future lawyer, "Debra's Best Friend", and future doctor, "Claudia Jolie".. Haha, how did i ever survive those days in Australia with them? I wonder. :) The night was filled with silly games and reminiscence of Flying High and other band songs (has anyone figured out Paganini yet?) and my birthday surprise in the midst. Haha. Lynn made a guest appearance despite mugging for an important test and helped to clear out what was left of the food.
My new found friend
Clot and her "fans"
Marshmellow monster!
What are they looking at?!
Birthday girls! (Hope Junejoo doesn't kill me for posting this ;D ) I had so much fun that night. Really glad I celebrated my birthday with such a great bunch of friends. To Debra, Mandy, Claudia, Cass, Yahui, Huixian, Germ, Junejoo, Shumei, Karen and Lynn.. thank you friends, I love you girls! *muacks* And to others who couldn't make it.. Yulinda, Noelle, Nadine, Nicole and Jing (thanks for calling!).. I miss you all! :) Woops. Long entry again. I haven't even gotten to the actual day of my birthday. Haha. Should be going to bed now or i'll never make it for my 10am class. Why the heck did i sleep so much today? Now dunno how to get to sleep. Sighie. |