<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19632519?origin\x3dhttp://obsidian-butterfly.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, January 26
Hmmm. Issit too late to continue blogging about my birthday? Haha. Almost 3 weeks already.

Terrible.

I've been working quite abit recently. A super boliao job - traffic counting. For those who don't know what that's about, it's as the name suggests, counting people. Well, the pay's not bad so I'm not complaining that much.. other than that it's sooper boring. Sit at the bus stop for 4 hours and people start wondering how come my bus took so long to come. Haha. As it is, I'm working CNY eve (cos it's double pay) and 3rd day of new year (cos it's 1.5X pay). Whee.. extra addition to my travel funds. But it's still pretty hard to save up to $2K by summer break, I'm not even at $1K yet and there's less than 6mths to go. Really tempted to go shopping with the money though (._.)

I can't wait for the CNY break! Gonna have a long long weekend ahead cos I got Wed and Fri free days. Together with the cny break, I'm off for the.. next 6 days!!! Hee. Then it's back to school on next thurs and break for the weekend again. Life is looking good :D

Haa. My lousy Samsung S200 has finally completely dieded on me. I decided to post it's photo here in case anybody wants to pay their last respects to it. LOL. (ooO.. I found a really cool website that turns my photos into "polaroid" form! :D) Lotsa thanks to patrick for generously lending me his spare phone! ^____^

Really admire bloggers who dare to vent their anger on their blogs. I always felt that since a blog's in a public domain, I wouldn't know if the person I bitched about will happen upon my blog and see the horrible things I wrote about him/her. It happened to me sometime in Sec4.. felt horrible.

But if I don't mention names, it should be alright, right? Right.

I was really quite pissed yesterday. I wonder what people expect me to do when they tell me they don't like my friends. I mean, they are talking about my friends - people whom I care about, not just random strangers on the streets. Not that I haven't done that to others before myself. But at least I know enough to respect the other person's feelings. Think I shall stop here, if not, I'll really start bitching.

I remember a time when I used to think everybody was nice. But with one too many disappointments, I seem to be thinking less and less of people. And when one starts doing that and suspecting others' kind intentions.. one will start thinking less of oneself too.....

Why did I not stand up more for those I care about?

On a lighter note, my hair colour seems to have darkened. Quite happy about that actually cos the bleached streak in my fringe was a little too ah-lian-ish for me to start with. Haha. (I still haven't figured out who's the "dp" who tagged me. Hmmm.) After watching Memoirs of a Geisha twice, I realized coloured contacts are quite cool. A colleague at work actually thought i was wearing coloured ones. ;D Haha. No, I'm not, and I don't want blue eyes. I like brown though, maybe hazel. Think mine only come across as brown under the sun.. but doesn't everybody's? Dunno why, but I like the sound of Hazel. Maybe can dye my hair that colour the next time. Or name my daughter Hazel - if I have one. But others might start calling her a nut. Not too good.

Hahaha. Sorry.. I'm crapping.

Shall just finish up with my birthday (to tie things up). I was supposed to meet a group of my closer RJ classmates for dinner that evening - Desmond, Linting, Brigitte, Weijie. Kinda suggested Hard Rock Cafe cos Amanda dear had to work that night and couldn't make it, so I thought at least I could see her if we ate there. Haha. Actually I didn't know that they were going to that place until like, 15 mins before the meeting time (I was really late as usual :P) When I finally got there, to my huge surprise... almost the whole of 2SO2C turned up!!! And I didn't even tell them it was my 21st birthday. Haha. No lah. I think my birthday was only partially the reason. Just happened to be a good time for everyone to meet up because the overseas people were back for winter hols - Rae, Shin Eik and Weian. Too bad Ms Elaine Wong couldn't make it for the class reunion cos she was sick :( Haha. It was a terrific way to celebrate.

Although I was never all that close to the rest of the class, it was a very nice, familiar feel. Never realised I miss RJ that much and made me kinda sad that I never fully treasured the time I had with my class or my band either (._.) To dear Des and Shin Eik for organising, Linting and Liying for sneaking off to get me a present, Amanda (and Steve) for the lovely not-so-alcoholic lychee martini (too bad you were working and couldn't join the fun ._. ), Sam dear for calling in from London just to wish me, my primary-cum-JC classmates Yechao and Xinping, and all the rest whom I have not seen for ages, Weijie, Zhihon, Weian, Cheok, Eikfeng, Rae, Flouncy and Pat, thank you friends, for sharing that special occasion with me!

Me feeding Amanda dear cake!

Smiles!

Side note: I've lost the urge to talk to him once again, after he failed to call back during my birthday chalet. Once again the problem of wrong timing, for both of us. Did I really expect that to change...

The profile
name: chee's blog

The people

*amanda
*skylark
*mandy
*germ
*old blog

The says



The past
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
October 2006
December 2006
January 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
January 2008
May 2008
June 2008
December 2008
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
June 2011
January 2012
July 2012
September 2012


The credit
blog: [x]
shoutbox: [x]
slide: [x]

etiquity%
layout: [x] [x]
image: [x]
brushes: [x]