| Saturday, March 25 |
|
I guess people usually say something like, "it's been a long week" but mine's more like, "it's been a long month" Haha. Guess the past month's just been too packed with project meetings, deadlines and tests that I couldn't find the time or mood to blog. (Actually I did draft an entry a couple of weeks back.. but it kinda disappeared. Hmm. Stoopid blog.) Well, life's still pretty bland. Haven't made much advances with my marketing efforts for FOC and I'm kinda off with the cafe (I dunno what to do with that either...) Oh! But I finally went for the Make-A-Wish Foundation orientation! Haha. I was expecting a larger crowd but the new volunteers only made up a handful of people, surprisingly with an interesting mix of ages :) I've always thought only youths would volunteer in this kinda stuff. Yup. Basically the foundation helps to fulfill wishes for kids (up to 18 yrs old) with life threatening illnesses like Leukemia. It started out more to grant last wishes for terminally ill kids but I guess medical advancement has pretty much changed that and increased their chances of surviving :) Now it's more to give them some happiness during their battle against their illnesses, and hopefully, give them some courage and hope to live on as well. Haha. I'm jus saying all this cos the first "job" for the volunteers was to spread the word about the foundation and help increase awareness (How come that sounds so much like marketing to me? Positive word-of-mouth. Lol. Mug too much le :P) Think there's something wrong with my msn nowadays. Apparently some people can't seem to see me when I'm online and they thought I'm blocking them. Sigh. Stupid msn. Sorry I can't "unblock" you guys cos I didn't block you in the first place. Gah. Give me so much trouble. But I'm too lazy to reinstall leh.. hahaha. Anyways. I managed to find the correct movie transcript for Kate and Leopold! Haha :D I watched the movie on channel 5 when they screened it a while ago and there was a scene which I thought was very interesting. Think the show's about this scientist guy, Stuart, who managed to find some way to go back in time to bring a person (Leopold) from the past back to the present. Apparently, others didn't believe what he claimed and he somehow ended up in a mental institution. This was the conversation he had with a nurse there: Stuart: There's such a lot of world to see... Nurse: I know. Stuart: I know, I know, it sounds crazy... talking about... finding a crack in time under the East River. But in, in point, in point fact, Gretchen you know... It is no more crazy than, uh, a dog finding a rainbow. Dogs are color-blind, Gretchen. They don't see color. Nurse: Really? Stuart: Just like we can't see time. Nurse: We can feel it. Stuart: Oh... we can feel it passing but, uh, we can't see it; it's just a blur. It's like, uh... it's like we're riding in a, in a supersonic train and the world is just blowing by. But imagine if we could stop that train, Gretchen. Hmm? Imagine if we could stop that train get out, look and see time for what it really is. A universe, a world a thing as unimaginable as color to a dog. And as real and tangible as that chair you're sitting in. Now, if we could see it like that I mean, really look at it then... maybe we could see the flaws as well as the form. And that's it. It's that simple. That's all I discovered. I'm just a... just a guy who saw a crack in a chair that no one else could see. I'm that dog who saw a rainbow. Only, uh... none of the other dogs believe me. ~Kate and Leopold (2001) It's exactly what I've been thinking of for a long time. I mean, it's really true that rainbows do exist but only in our world and some other's. Not in a dog's world though, simply because they just don't have the ability to perceive the existence of a rainbow. I think humans are really limited by their so called perception and their science. When I was young, I used to watch those scifi movie and wonder why the stupid scientists always use the presence of oxygen and water and whatsoever nots as a guage of life in outer space. Simply because humans need these things to live and survive doesn't mean every "living thing" does as well. In that sense, our definition of "living thing" just isn't broad enough to accomodate the possible existence of our dear martians. Haha. Think I'm crapping again. Brain kinda dead after Consumer Behavior test just now :P I dunno lah. Jus doesn't seem possible that we are the only ones existing in the whole wide universe. Maybe somewhere out there, there are creatures who live on nitrogen or some other substance we don't even know about, and they have no sense of our existence too because we're simply not within their range of perception. I used to imagine that we are in fact so small that maybe the earth or solar system is held within crystal ball that some giant creature owns. Hahaha. Great imagination right!? Maybe I can go and write a script for a new movie, something like End of Worlds. *Grinz* Dear God: We read Thomas Edison made light. But in Sunday school, we learned that you did it. So I bet he stole your idea. Sincerely, Courtney (Haha. Just a quote a senior wrote in a RWinds mail.) On a side note, the fact that I can't perceive the existence of a God doesn't mean he doesn't exist. Haha, about ghosts, I don't even want to think about it. Lol. |