<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19632519?origin\x3dhttp://obsidian-butterfly.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, June 6
Backlog alert! Haha. I've been too lazy to blog again. There's just something about the hols that make me not feel like going online that much. Well, there are always other things to catch up with - like friends, books, tv, sleep, sleep and sleep. Lol. I'm such a pig.

Anyway, the past 2 weeks have been really fun :D I went to Pulau Ubin with my CB project group (minus Hy :P) to cycle. Actually my cycling skills really cannot make it and till now I'm still wondering what made me decide to go with them. Haha. But the experience was really cool. I never knew the quarries were so pretty! And we got to see wild boars and cute little bunnies at one of the villager's house. Sheesh. I sound like a bimbo. Haha. Seriously, I really had lotsa fun that day and the company was good ;)

On a side note, the 5 big bruises on my left leg have since faded and the 48 mosquito bites all over me are gone. The marks are damn ugly though. Crap. I more or less came to the conclusion that I was like some exotic cuisine for the Ubin mosquitoes. How often do you come across cyclists with O- blood on the island? Bet I must have looked like a buffet on wheels to them. Lol.


Lovely photo of the quarry ;)

Trying to be artistic~

Cute bunnies! Can you spot the teeny weeny one in the middle??

Beautiful nature. We caused everyone around us to stop and start taking photos. :D

I thought this was pretty funny...

Serenity

I visit the games cafe at Boat Quay with Hy the other day. My poor memory's failing me again. Think it's called Minds Cafe or something like that. Haha. We had so much fun! I love Sleeping Queen, some card game where you have to wake the queens that are sleeping to gain points. It turned out to be pretty addictive, though I was lousy at it, kept losing :P Must play again. Next time I'm gonna win!!! (Maybe wearing red undies would help. Hmmm.)

A picture of Sleeping Queen! Cute right ;)

My fav queen. Meow.

Mom and sis went to the neighbourhood hairdresser to get their hair done last sunday. Mom was perming her hair while sis was rebonding hers. Haha. Talk about total opposites! I decided to tag along for fun. Oh fine. Actually I went to look at the Japanese magazines the hairdresser has to find a nice haircut that I could get for my hair. I did manage to find a couple but decided not to cut my hair short first or it'll be pretty long again when school reopens :P In the end I told the lady to just trim the ends and layer my hair a bit. When she was done, I couldn't really see much difference until my sis pointed done at the floor in astonishment. There was this whole pile of hair on the floor.

(in chinese)

Sis: All that hair's from her ah??!!

Hairdresser auntie: Yah lah. All hers.

-_-" Not bad. I never knew I had that much hair and there's still quite alot left on my head. Lol.


:: Mom's hair looking like a dinosaur :: My Hair in the dust pan :: A gloop of rebonding cream on sis ::


I just realised my whole entry's full of photos. Haha. Pardon my poor memory. I'm practically basing this entry on what I can remember from my handphone photos. :P Which reminds me. My 3mths old Sony Ericsson K750i was sent in for service after being dropped for the 4th time and refusing to turn on. Crap. I'm terribly careless with electronic products. First my discman, then my tv (No. I didn't drop that. I just watched too much tv and it burned out on me. Twice.), and my Samsung S200. Now my poor new handphone. I'm so happy to get it back! I miss my camera! Haha :D

Anyway, I've been having quite alot of fun these couple of days too. I dropped by Yaya's place to cook and have dinner with her! We were so proud of our pasta. The portion was just perfect and the sauce turned out really nice too, despite not having any garlic to put in it :P Only slight blooper was that we forgot to add oil while boiling the pasta so...our linguine all stuck together. Nonetheless. It was delicious! I'm so happy I didn't burn down your kitchen, girl! Lol.

I went to celebrate an early 21st birthday with Amanda darling today. We ate at Holland V NYDC and there was this really fat and pompous cat sitting right outside our window. Talk about lunchtime entertainment. Hahaha. We kinda came to the conclusion that food always taste nicer when you have someone to share with. Don't you think it feels a little selfish when everyone eats their own stuff and don't share? Hmm. We had a lovely day out in the end and she likes the presents I gave her! Whoopie! I got her that lovely music box that plays Hey Jude :) I love the music box too. The first time I saw it was at a stall in Victoria Market Melbourne. I thought it was kinda costly at that time so I didn't buy it. Sighie. I was really tempted to get one for myself when I found it this time round but they have such a small range and didn't have any tunes that I like, like Memory and When You Wish Upon A Star. They don't have Cannon! Gah. :( Maybe I can ask Huawei to "tabao" back for me. Haha.

Haha. I'm sorry Lihao. Didn't mean to ignore all your "tags", just couldn't think of enough weird habits to fill up the 6 slots. I'm too perfect. *cough* Anyway. Here's just a few I could think of:

  1. I'm scared of the dark, especially when I'm alone. If I wake up to go to the loo in the middle of the night, I'll switch on all the lights along the way and switch them off on my way back to my room. Stop laughing.
  2. I tend to think alot before I sleep. Mostly in a sort of mental review of the day. Now you know why I get insomnia. Haha.
  3. I think in chinese when I have to write in english and vice versa. It's really quite alot of work in secondary school and JC. Imagine all those essays I had to write. Sheesh.
  4. I like to cross my legs in the cinema. It really feels more comfy that way and my toes get cold anyway. Haha ;)
  5. I always upload my blog entry and then go back and read it to re-edit all the stupid things that I wrote without much thought. So if you happen to catch one of those initial entries. No. That's not the usual me. Maybe just sometimes.

That's all for now. Maybe I'll add some others if I can think of any! Stupid Lihao tagged me so many times. Here's the second tag. I liked it better cos it's so brainless and really funny too ;) It's this website that generates slogan from your name! The few that I like:

  1. Strong and Beautiful, Just Like Huichee.
  2. The Huichee of your Life.
  3. There's Always Room For Huichee.

Hahaha. So amusing. You peeps can go try for fun too! http://www.thesurrealist.co.uk/slogan.cgi

**Random ponders**

I wonder if it's really better to have loved and lost or never loved before. Sometimes, the latter does seem to be a better choice. If you've never loved before, you would still retain the innocent belief of how wonderful such a thing can be. It's really sad when this sort of innocence is lost. Just like a baby's laughter. When you're a baby and ignorant of the world, you can really laugh with pure happiness. But as people grow older, somehow, they forget how to laugh and even if they do, it's probably not out of pure happiness each and every time.

It occurred to me on my way home from town one day that I've changed quite a little (as far as I can see, that is.) I no longer expect alot from love and maybe, even from life in general. Maybe it's from past lessons that greater expectations really lead to greater disappointments. The recent event of my falling CAP is the perfect example. And I used to believe, and thus, expect that along with love comes romance and surprises and all. You know, the sort of things little girls read about in fairy tales. Now? Hmmm.

Expectations. I guess such things will only increase when you get into a relationship. Haha. That suddenly reminds me of the conversation with Weiting and Jas. Actually it was more like me and Weiting against him. Lol. We were saying that in a relationship, a girl's commitment and efforts will grow, while a guy's would diminish as time passes. Sounds familiar eh, monster? Haha ;P I always felt that guys put in more effort during the chase. Once the "catch" is secured, there's not much need for that much effort right? Goodness. I do make it sound like the stone age. Chase and catch. Dots. But you get the point. Of course I admit I'm overgeneralising but I've seen enough to know it happens.

Alright. As I mentioned, those were random thoughts so I'm sorry if they don't make much sense. Haha :P

A quote that made my day today! Meow~

Women and cats can do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get
used to the idea.

The profile
name: chee's blog

The people

*amanda
*skylark
*mandy
*germ
*old blog

The says



The past
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
October 2006
December 2006
January 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
January 2008
May 2008
June 2008
December 2008
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
June 2011
January 2012
July 2012
September 2012


The credit
blog: [x]
shoutbox: [x]
slide: [x]

etiquity%
layout: [x] [x]
image: [x]
brushes: [x]