| Saturday, September 15 |
|
I must say, I've been pretty unlucky these 2 weeks. Last Monday, I got a nasty sprained ankle when one of my high heels (which really weren't that high at all) decided to give way. I ended up tripping on the stairs and had a swollen lump for an ankle for more than a week after. *Ouch* Not that I actually complained about getting plenty of sleep and skipping a couple of days of school..Hahaha. But getting stuck at home grew rather boring after the first 2 days :P Yesterday, my loyal lappie for the past 3yrs and a few months finally died on me. One moment it was fine, the next, it just hung and couldn't be restarted thereafter. How convenient that the warranty just ended. Lousy Fujitsu. GRRR! Funny thing was that the exact same thing happened to sis's IBM laptop a week ago. All the lousy laptop manufacturers really know how to make their laptops. They seem to be able to last till right after the warranties end (and not before)!!! Anyways. Blessing was that my hard disk is still intact. Hahaha. So all that's left of my poor lappie is my little piece of hard disk. It's now residing within a S$25 casing. Maybe I shall upload a photo of it soon. :D I bumped into Deb near Bizad when I went down to get my lappie checked out. Think I scared her when I started blabbing that my laptop died and warned that she has better back up her stuff too. Hahaha. Sorry girl! But hey, anyone using Fujitsu and IBM should just backup. Just in case yeah? ;) Other than those 2 unlucky episodes, the rest of the past 2 weeks went pretty well. Sam, Manda, Ines, Hy and I had a great time Wii-ing at Sam's place. Haha. Too bad we din exactly have much time to try out all the games ;) I don't really know whether to be happy or sad that Sam's gonna be away at London for another 4 years. I mean, obviously I'm sad that she's so far away and we get to meet only once or twice a year. Then again, she's gonna be providing lodging for Manda and I (and maybe Ivan and Hy) when we go visit. Can save alot of money wor. Lol. Just joking babe! I miss you loads already!!! Haha. I didn't even know Leslie was back in town until he msged me the other day for dinner. Apparently he has been back for almost 3 months already! Still,I'm pretty glad that we managed to meet up before he went back to US to finish his final year. Funny thing was, I saw a photo of his gf on facebook and realised that she's one of the Rg Geppers. Somehow, i just couldn't place a name on her. It turned out that she was indeed from Rg (think most probably class 4-11). Even more coincidentally, she was Manda's classmate and close friend when they in HCJC together for the 1st three months!!! What a small world right??! And you know what's more? Leslie knows Hy through a common friend. Hahaha. I know Singapore is pretty small. But never thought it could be that small! On a side note, I went to help out at a SPOC event last Sunday. Well, not exactly help out lah. I got paid. Haha. But anyways. It was this really funny competition called "The Ultimate Air Band Competition". For those who doesn't know what an air band is, just imagine a band on stage that is acting as if they were performing the music that's actually being broadcasted from an mp3 or CD. Hahaha. Some of the bands were absolutely hilarious! I would never have the guts to do that sorta stuff. Kudos to all of those people! |